Pattern-Blocking

So, I'm sure you have all heard about colour-blocking (wearing different colours, usually bright, that would not have normally gone together, such as green and purple), but what about pattern-blocking?
Pattern-blocking is not necessarily a new trend, but it isn't one that I have been seeing displayed. But then again, it isn't the easiest trend. In fact, this trend is extremely difficult to recipricote.
Basically, the idea of it is to wear different patterns (well duh),  but are colours of the same colour scheme. For example, a black and white striped blouse can be paired with a black and white polka-dot skirt, as a simple outfit. In one of my earlier posts on plaid, you can also see Aria Montgomery from Pretty Little Liars pairing a striped black and white blouse with a plaid blazer. Not only a great exmaple for plaid but a great example of pattern-blocking too.
To begin I recommend simple patterns as if this trend is not done right, it can look like a disaster.
For more inspiration I have included pictures and I must say, I take my hat off to Blair Waldorf, from Gossip Girl's, stylist. Blair is always a great example to use as they per-fect the latest trends.
Different floral patterns
 

 
Examples from the runway using floral patterns. Great for spring

Comments

Popular Posts