Detoxifying the Mind

If you have read some of my other posts, you should then get an idea that I am rather pessimistic and a 'space cadet' as you could call it.  Everyone else around me seems so comfortable. I envy them. But I can't be the only one.

Have you ever been so disappointed in the world that you wanted to crawl in to a ball and shut everything out? Escape to different realities by reading books or becoming addicted to television series just so that you could pretend you were living a different life in a parallel universe? 

The more I grow up, the more I realise that absolutely nothing is the way I fucking expected or hoped. Nothing ends well; people are selfish and I am practically a piece of bacteria compared to the rest of this cruel and sad world that I will never, nor do I ever want to understand.



But for the sake of myself and those around me, I can't think like this. I need to be strong, happy, confident and accept what happens. I need to think positively and trust that everything will be okay. 
Much easier said than done. 

Comments

Popular Posts