The Four Worlds of a Human Being


Perhaps it is my fascination of the unknown, the aspects in life that cannot be proven, but only exist due to theory and belief, that my ‘mild’ obsession with Astrology came to be.
I love theories, mostly the ones that have many arrows pointing to yes but will forever be a ‘what if’. They make you think.
Quantum Leap Alchemy

I am quite surprised I haven’t written more posts on this topic. I guess I didn’t want to scare you off (it often has that affect on people). But I am extremely fascinated by the ideas of astrology, so much so, I actually got a tattoo of the symbols of the elements on my chest.

I’m not going to ramble on about how my sun is in Scorpio and my moon in Cancer; how they are both water signs and the emotional repurcussions of such a combination. Instead, I will share a thought that I had while watching American Horror Story: Freak Show.

Elsa, the ring leader, was talking to the large woman who adores food and says, “You are a lover of the physical world”. The  statement immediately got my thoughts wondering as I questioned the unusual but insightful comment but also, the other worlds to which this woman is supposedly not a lover of.            
There is supposedly 4 components/worlds of being a human: emotional, physical, mental and spiritual. I can't help but raise the question; are we all partly a lover of one world more than the others? Is there one component where we truly find we belong the most? A component where we exist?

It wasn't hard for me to realise that I had a tendency to live in the emotion realm. I follow my heart. I am both a slave and a queen to my emotions. They take a toll on me and they lift me up, teaching me and then from my emotions, I create and I grow. 
I live life deliberately being conscious of the feelings of others, helping where I can through their hard times but always encouraging them to honour their emotions and feel them. What is living without this realm afterall? And the depth of emotions still undiscovered overwhelms and excites me in the best way.  
My partner on the other hand is completely logical. His feelings are usually ignored and decisions are based on logical consideration. He prides himself on his knowledge, spends his time reading about real (ew) stuff and indulging in debates with others. To my disappointment he would much rather discuss NASA approved facts about astronomy than the potential but unlikely patterns of the mystical universe. Funnily enough, he is a Virgo.

So, could one’s astrological sign and element determine where they exist the most? I know water signs are emotional (as f**k). Feeling is what water signs do best; the good and the bad. We are empathetic, we understand and relate and help the world in our own way (if we don’t get consumed by our own emotions of course). We also look to creating; writing, painting or drawing, anything to inspire and erect feelings in others.

Then could Earth signs and their analytical nature and tendencies to over-think, exist mostly in the mental side of things? What would the world do without their rationality and obsessions with getting the facts?
Could fire signs and their ‘act first, think later’ attitude likely make them a physical person? An adventurer? A lover of the physical world?
I haven’t quite figured out Air’s deal but I imagine they often dwell in the spiritual side of things. Perhaps these are the dreamers, the philosophers and the communicators, sharing noble wisdom. 

Well, there's my morning's thoughts and its not even 10am. 
.   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts