Surprise Party

It was my best friend's 20th birthday a week ago. In order to celebrate, I spent two months planning her a surprise party, although most of it was spent feeling depressed knowing it wouldn't be long until it would be my own turn to leave my teenage years.

It was one of the most stressful things I have ever done. Not because it was extremely hard, but because I wanted nothing more than for it to be really great, particularly for her.
I'd love to say I only threw this for her because I loved her, but mostly my original intentions had been in spite. My best friend got a boyfriend several months ago. It is her first relationship since year nine, which doesn't even properly count as a relationship. As a result, her attention towards me dimmed down extremely, even to the point where she had forgotten about our plans when I rocked up to the destination only to find she had completely forgot and made plans with her boyfriend, resulting in me having to head back home.

This was okay. I have almost always been in a relationship and to say I have always given her the attention she deserved, that I never chose my boyfriend's over her would be a complete and utter lie. But my further attempts at hanging out were often rejected for other ones.

So, I knew I had two choices. I could get angry at her, have a bit of a sad and make her feel guilty for rejecting me, or, I could throw her a surprise party for her birthday to remind her how much I loved her. I chose the second option.

Luckily while in the last month of party plans, organising food and decorations and a good excuse for her to be out of the house, she returned back to me and it turned out to be a huge misunderstanding. It made me want the party to go really well all the more. And it did, even for her and the whole 2 hours she was there and wasn't passed out in her room as a result of me handing her shots.

I wish I got photos of the party but we were all too busy drinking and having a good time. I did however get some photos of the décor and drinks called Great Gatsby cocktails that I made for the occasion although wouldn't recommend as they don't taste all that nice at all but can get you pretty drunk at a low expense.


As it was my best friend's birthday, and although she won't ever read this as I never give out this URL to people I know, I will take the opportunity to give her a bit of a shout out.

So, Happy 20th Birthday Caitlan. I feel bad for getting jealous when you got a boyfriend, but that's life and I know I will always be around. You have had a pretty tough year so I only hope that this one is much better and so many positive things come your way.
You are one of my heroes, with your job that helps people, your selfless attitude and for putting up with my drunken mess ways. You da best.




xoxo

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts