What Recipe Are You?

Quite often, and by 'often' I mean at least three times a day, I get into a mood where I severely dislike something about myself.
More than often it's regarding a body part that I was so unfortunately born with and would cost me a small fortune to have it changed, and the more I stare at it, the more I hate it and wonder how I could ever be attractive. This most frequently occurs after seeing a photo of someone else with the same body part, however a better one because they were blessed with better genes or something. 

Sometimes it may even be a characteristic within my personality and believe me when I say I try to change that about myself but unfortunately personalities are not surgically editable. 

After approximately five minutes have passed, my brain leads me to a quote I either read or heard on some television show and it never ceases to make me feel better. So I would like to share this with you folk so that on your most insecure days your brain will lead you to recall it as well and you will feel better until your next ridiculous and unforeseeable breakdown. 

I honestly can't remember how exactly it goes and I don't take credit for this but it something along the lines of cake ingredients. Flour, sugar, eggs, milk, maybe some cocoa powder, vanilla essence. Individually these ingredients are pretty boring and plain and to eat on their own wouldn't be all that desirable. But together they make one fine ass cake. 
It isn't exactly poetic but it is definitely true. 
You can't focus on yourself as individual body parts when they come together to make something pretty awesome. 

So there you go. 

Comments

Popular Posts