Update


Happy new year guys. It is usually around this time that I create a post declaring my transformations, realizations and learning's of the past year. But luckily for you I will not be doing that this time. Mostly because I feel that I am still mid-transition, have not yet found the entire conclusion of my realization and am still learning the same lessons. 

I will say that I feel very hopeful for 2018. Excited almost. I feel that something big will happen - but whether it is good or bad, I do not know. Maybe both. But even if it is bad, I must remember that grief and growth go hand in hand. 

Callum and I went down South for our holiday break in late December. It was magnificent and I have returned as a Beach Snob. Perth has amazing beaches - just ask any Perthian. But boy do they not compare to the beaches down South; Albany and Bremer Bay for instance. 

Perth city isn't much to look at. It is small and after a while the pubs and bars start to all look the same. But, if you ever come to Perth, I insist that you do not stay in the city. Because what you really should see is the WA coastline (pictured below). 


Bremer Bay was our first stop on our road trip. Including the time it took for toilet breaks, snacks and fuel stops, it took us a total of 7 hours until we finally arrived in the town. The town was extremely small which resulted in their only grocery store being far too expensive as they attempt to make up for the money they never earn in the quiet time. However, the beaches with squeaking (yes, it actually squeaks) white sand and the clearest blue water you could imagine, even when overcast, was worth it. We spent our full day in Bremer Bay four wheel driving around the main beach which attracts quite a crowd during the day, then drove as far along the coast as we could, often having to go down narrow tracks through the bush before coming out of the other side of a small cliff. It didn't take us long until we had a beach completely to ourselves. The isolation and beauty was unreal. 


Albany was a much larger town than I had expected. We ended up staying at a caravan park which was located in the industrial side of the town which definitely was not ideal, but it was okay because we were barely at the camp site anyway. And when I thought the coast line couldn't get any better than BB, I was blown away. 






Little Beach, Albany

We returned home on the 1st of January, spending the afternoon relaxing back in our apartment from both the late (and rather eventful) New Years night we spent together, as well the drive home. By the time the 1st day of 2018 was over I already had a plan for my year. Or, hopes at least.

So I have another editor now for my book who I pay per chapter to fix my grammar mistakes as well as provide advice. She isn't an editor by profession; I made this very clear in my Gumtree ad that a professional was exactly not what I wanted.
I declared that I was hoping to find an amateur, seeing as that is exactly what I am, who is hoping to make something out of themselves like me, or maybe has a passion for books. 
I received over 50 responses.

But I am very pleased with my chosen editor as we are now up to the 4th chapter of editing. By the time the third chapter was sent to me I felt very hopeful and optimistic. My novel Tesselate had been stressing me out to extreme lengths as the process was not keeping up with the timeline I had in my head and I was still not confident with it. But now I feel that I have been placed back onto the tracks. And although I may not be at the stop I was hoping to be at by this point, I am heading in the right direction. I can feel it. 

So by the end of 2018 I hope to have finalized my book to my highest expectations. I will once again attempt to submit it to publishers. But I am also excited to self-publish it myself, speak to book stores and try and have it available on kindle. So whichever route I have to take, I am good with either one. 

Comments

Popular Posts